Sunday, February 7, 2016

"Set religion free and a new humanity will begin."-Friedrich Schlegel

Religion is probably the number one fight starter. I could actively punch babies yet somehow talk about religion will still cause more controversy and...dare I say it HATRED. I am not of any religion. I was never baptized, but I did attend the Presbyterian church when I was younger. My mom and step dad are non practicing Catholics, my grandmother is very religious but has been apart of so many denominations I have no idea what she is. My best friend is Muslim, but not really active and definitely not as active as her father. I have friends who are Jewish and many other friends that have different religious beliefs. I believe in God and in Heaven, my best friend does not as well as a few of my friends and guess what. I DO NOT CARE. Who really cares who believes in what as long as they believe in something. And if someone says that they do not believe in anything that is total BS because everyone needs to believe in something to get on with our days. Believing in nothing is still believing in something. 

The reason why religion is such a no no issue is that people are too lazy to take the time to listen to one another or do just a little bit of research. It generates hate because we are ignorant. If anything, people should learn about other religions just for the knowledge. Religion is the last matter that we need to be focusing on, yet it is a matter that separates us the most. We should be worrying about our shitty government and the only way we are going to get out of the fox hole we were dumped in is if we come together and face the bigger issues and we cannot do that if we have something so dumb (religion is not dumb, the fact that it is a major issue is) separating us. 

When we finally become accepting of others beliefs we will become far stronger than any one of us can currently imagine. We will start to judge people because of the person, not  because they are a different religion and with that I bet we will treat each other better. 

P.S. No religion is better than another. Do not judge someone because they have different religious or no religious beliefs and take the time to get to know the person. You never know, they might be your new best friend, or save your life one day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment