Friday, September 2, 2016

"Can't The Vet Just Give Me Medication With Out An Appointment?"



I consider myself to be very lucky. At the age of 26 I have found my calling whilst many people spend their whole lives searching for what they are 'meant' to do. I have had many jobs, and honestly never thought of any of them as something I can make a career out of. A little about me, I get bored fairly quickly. I have the need to learn new things and once that well runs dry I move on to the next until I started working with animals. Three years later and I am still not bored. 

For those who want to know what it is like working at an animal hospital I will explain with memes, and those of you who have/are working at an animal hospital you probably have already posted most of these on your wall. 











We have been peed on, shit on, bled on (the latter got me a free drink once...another story for another time). We have been lunged at (usually after the owner specifically states that their dog wont bite) therefore bitten, and scratched. We wrangled cats in/out of the carrier and have carried 100lb dogs that become 700lbs of dead weight as soon as they are called into the exam room. Yelled at. Cursed at. We greet the animal before the person. We bark/meow and sometimes hiss back. We see new beginnings and hear awesome stories. We see heart break everyday. And yes, after everything I still love what I do...I am lucky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment